OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY CORE
We collect Information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
For example, donors may provide us with Information (such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers and/or credit/debit card information). If a donor, or a website visitor, contacts us by email they may provide us with their email address, and name. Providing Information is required in these contexts in order for us to process your donations, requests, or respond to inquiries.
We may collect Information when we provide services targeted at responding to disasters, emergencies, and humanitarian crises, such as running or participating in programs intended to provide disaster relief, emergency response, and humanitarian aid services to individuals affected by such events.
- – In relation to public health emergencies, we may provide services, or assist in coordinating services, designed to assist in responding to such emergencies, such as testing and other healthcare-related services, and the distribution of aid to individuals affected by such emergencies or otherwise in need. Individuals who receive such services may provide us with Information (such as name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, and telephone numbers).
- In connection with disasters, we may provide services, or assist in coordinating services, designed to assist in responding to such disasters, such as the collection and distribution of aid, donations, and other relief and handling requests for the same. Individuals who receive such services may provide us with Information (such as name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, and telephone numbers).
- In regard to humanitarian crises, we may provide services, or assist in coordinating services, designed to assist in responding to such crises, such as the distribution of aid to individuals and handling of requests for the same, from individuals affected by such crises. Individuals who receive such services may provide us with Information (such as name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, telephone numbers, and financial information).
– In addition to the Information that you submit to us, we may collect certain information about you from reputable third parties, or automatically collect information using the following technologies such as:
- Web Server Logs. Our web servers may collect certain information such as IP address, pages visited, time of visits, and referring website.
WHERE DO WE TRANSFER AND STORE INFORMATION?
CORE is based in the United States, and any Information transmitted to us may be stored, accessed, or processed in the United States. Residents of some other countries, including residents of the EU, should be aware that the laws of the United States do not offer the same protections as the laws of your home country.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION?
We collect Information primarily to accept donations, complete our charitable projects and activities, and provide you with information concerning our programs, projects, and activities. We also use Information for internal purposes (to better understand our supporter network) and for analytical purposes (to respond to requests for information or merchandise and to improve our website, donor base, and outreach). We may inform you of other purposes at the time that we collect some forms of Information. For example, if you apply for a job we may collect Information in order to process your job application. In regard to Promotions, we will use the Information you provide us for purposes including administering the Promotions and purposes disclosed at the time of registration or entry/submission.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We do not trade, share, or sell Information that you provide to us with other organizations who intend to use it only to market their products or services to you.
There may be instances in which we share your Information with others. We may share your Information, for example, in conjunction with your sponsorship of a certain project, as required by law, with law enforcement, to comply with legal process, to protect our legal rights, to protect the safety or security of a person, or to protect against fraud, criminal acts, or misconduct. We may also share your Information with companies that provide us with services, with third party sponsors of Promotions, or with a successor legal entity.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. For example, we secure our machines with mandated encryption protocols to secure our user/company data. We also use industry accepted tools and techniques such as SSL and two-factor authentication to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. Additionally, all sensitive information is stored in secure repositories both in-house as well as secure cloud-based, AES encrypted web apps.
YOUR ACCESS TO DATA
If you would like to access the data that we received from you, or make corrections to it, you may contact us at the email or mailing addresses provided at the end of this policy.
If you registered to receive communications from us and later change your mind, you may ask that your name and contact information be removed from our distribution list. You can send such a request to the email or mailing addresses at the end of this policy.
Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO RESIDENTS OF THE EU
Where you are a resident of the EU, in certain circumstances you are entitled to the following rights with respect to your Information:
- – Right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests: You have the right to object to us processing your Information on the grounds of it being in our legitimate interests.
- – Right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications: You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications from us.
- Right to access, delete and correct your Information: You have the right to request a copy of Information we hold about you, to delete and/or correct it.
- – Right to be forgotten: In certain circumstances you can ask for Information we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- – Right to restriction of processing: Where certain conditions apply you may have a right to restrict the processing of your Information.
If you think you are entitled to exercise any of the above rights and would like to do so, please contact us by clicking here or emailing us at [email protected]
International Transfers of EU Residents’ Information
Your Information may be transferred in connection with the activities that we engage in, and processed in, countries other than the country in which it has been collected or in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our website servers, the servers used in conjunction with our activities and third party service providers and partners operate in the EU and United States. This means that when we collect your personal data we may process it in any part of these regions or countries.
Accountability for Onward Transfer
If we transfer Information received from individuals based in the EU, in reliance on SCCs, to a third party, we will do so consistent with any notice provided to data subjects and any consent they have given, and only if the third party has given us contractual assurances that it will (i) process the Information for limited and specific purposes consistent with any consent provided by the data subjects; (ii) provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by SCCs; and (iii) cease processing of the Information or take other reasonable and appropriate steps to remediate if it makes such determination. If we have knowledge that a third party is processing such Information in a way that is contrary to the SCCs, we will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such processing.
If you are located in the EEA, in the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your Information is being processed by us or that we have not taken any action required by you in relation to your rights above, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with our applicable supervisory authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION APPLICABLE TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Behavioral Advertising. We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Communicating with us. If we need, or are required to, contact you about the privacy or security of your information we may do so by telephone, email, or mail. If you have any questions, concerns, requests, or comments about privacy, you can contact us by email, telephone, or mail at:
910 N Hill St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Effective: October 5, 2022